Tuesday, August 11, 2015

2015 Racing Season

This is a straight up copy and paste from my other blog but it holds
very important information regarding the dates of my upcoming racing
season. I'm still excited about it although I may have to add a 5K
somewhere in September to get me amped up for the remaining couple
of weeks of my half marathon training. 

I'll be adding some posts later about my past races just so
I can have all my running stuffs together.

 ***************

I am so thrilled to share this with you guys! Here it is, my official 
training and racing schedule for 2015 into 2016!!!




I have been playing around with the dates for two or more weeks and it's been driving me crazy. The half marathon training plan is 6 months long but the marathon season ends in late February here in Houston so it took some pretty serious effort to get all the scheduling figured out. I'll have to cut my 10k training short but since the half marathon training plan is so long I'll have plenty of time to adjust. 

Last year the biggest fault in my training was that I tried to do too much too quick.  I'm hoping the long training plan will help me gently increase my mileage and give me lots of prep for the marathon training. 

And then there's THAT! A marathon! I had originally planned to have completed a marathon by now but it just wasn't in the cards. Like I said, too much too quick. I wasn't really prepared for the physical requirements and the time required to truly train for a marathon. This time I'll have two years (!!!!!) of running experience behind me and I think I'll really be able to do it this year. 

I'm so excited to finally have hard dates, you all know how much I love a good plan. I'm also playing around with the idea of getting sponsorship from family members to help cover the cost of running gear, race entries, and babysitting costs. But more on that later. 

Time to get to work!!!

-Ri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs