Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Houston Running Calendar

Today's post is going to be a little hodge podge. Bear with me. :)

I would like to share with you my most favorite way to find Houston
races - quickly. While it isn't the most comprehensive list it does give me a fair idea
of what's going on in the city and surrounding areas. It updates every month
and each update includes the whole year so if you're looking for a race five months
from now you can find it in one post.

Houston Running Calendar - Link Here

Each listing has a link to the race's corresponding website (if available). They list
all kinds of races 5Ks, 10Ks, Half Marathons, Marathons, Mud Runs, Color Runs,
ZOMBIE RUNS!!!

It also includes which races have active groupon and livinsocial offers!
Seriously love this site!

I finally got to see my mom today. She seems to be doing much better than yesterday.
She was able to get up and move around a little bit. I can't tell you what a relief it was
to see her. I can't wait for her to get back up on her feet. I know this fall and and
winter are going to be the best we've had in a while!! 

Today was a strength training day so I did my usual Chris Freytag videos and plank.
It's taking me a little while to get back to strength training. A month ago my arms were
just starting to get toned and then I went through my burn out. I've lost that tone and
I feel like I'm starting over. It's a good lesson for me to learn. If I had kept going I
would be in a really good spot going in to fall. Oh well. Instead of beating myself up
over it I'm going to just do the work!

I also did an hour just walking on the treadmill. I do all of my runs hard-out so my
heart rate always stays well above the fat burning zone which is probably
why I'm not losing weight. And hot cheetos.


 

I'm off to go watch the meteor showers. I'll be wishing for the perseverance to
make it through this training schedule and the bravery to sign up for a distance
race (more on that later).


-Ri

Workout: Strength Training
                Chris Freytag 10lb Slimdown: Upper Body
                Chris Freytag 10lb Slimdown Extreme: Core (Only 20 minutes)
                Plank (2 min 40 secs)
               1 Hour Treadmill Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs