Thursday, August 13, 2015

Running with Toddlers

Today was a DAY. 

I walked around like a lost puppy all day. I couldn't figure out what 
to do with myself; I am utterly unmotivated to do anything.

I did go see my mom today! She seems to be doing much better; she's walking 
around now! Only two days after getting her freaking hip replaced!! 

I took little Nathaniel with me and had a great time chasing him around the room. 
Little boy loves to chase and be chased and play "Where's the baby?!" It was a great 
little outing for him. I love taking the boys out one at a time, I really feel like 
I can bond with them. 



I came home expecting to put all the babies to sleep for nap time only to find out 
they had made a secret pact to refuse all things nap time. Seriously. This is a 
catastrophe waiting to happen. Its not just that they wont nap, it is a domino effect. 
If they don't nap at their designated nap time then they are cranky. Then they get sleepy 
around dinner time and they wont eat dinner. Then they fall asleep two hours early 
with no dinner and THEN they wake up in the middle of the night because 
they're hungry AND THEN they're cranky all day the next day because 
they didn't sleep well.

Nap. Time. Is. Crucial. 

Needless to say I didn't get my run in until late late and by that time I was 
just angry. What should have been a great calming run during nap time turned into a 
post-dinner beat down. 

I didn't even finish. Bear Bear was still awake and refused to leave me alone so I had to stop and deal with him. By that time the endorphins had kicked in so at least I wasn't mad anymore. 

I cannot WAIT until it cools down and I can run outside. August is really turning into my most hated month of the calendar. 

-Ri

Today's Workout: 
  Running: 1 Mile Slow
                  (1 Mile Fast + 2 min Slow) Repeat 4x
                  1 Mile Slow
  Total Time: (incomplete workout) 50 min
  Total Distance: 4.21 miles
  Pace: 11:53 (not too shabby!!!)

Ps. I am AMAZED at my timing. I can't believe I started a running blog during the worst time of my training. I promise I actually like running!!
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs