Thursday, September 17, 2015

Go Big or Go Home

So. I may have done something stupid. 

I just bumped up my marathon date by over 6 weeks. 

Mistake? Maybe. Maybe not. 

I'm getting kinda tired of talking about how I'm going to run a marathon one day. I just ran 13 miles straight last weekend. I think I can go ahead and start officially training for the marathon. 

So that's what I'm doing. I just abandoned my half marathon plan and started a marathon training plan. I only missed one run with the new schedule (nothing about running is perfect) so I will probably double up somewhere down the road to make up the run. Because I'm neurotic like that. 

Guys I can't tell you how excited I am about this. I think that I'm losing my momentum and if I don't do this marathon soon I'm never going to do it. Also, I want to start losing weight and contrary to popular belief most people don't lose weight while training for a marathon because they're ALWAYS HUNGRY. And I have found that I can't perform my runs to my satisfaction if I'm not properly fueled and I can't fuel myself AND restrict calories so there.  

I'm still planning on doing the Houston Half at the end of October, It actually fits into my training plan nicely, and then I will run the Texas Marathon in Kingwood on January 1st. The marathon has no time limit (yay!) and it runs through some woods so I'm super excited about it. I think deep down I'm a lazy trail runner. I love running in the woods...as long as I'm running on pavement. 

It is a smaller race so there won't be the screaming crowds or anything like that. It's just you and the trail and I think I'm ok with that. It won't be as impressive as some of the bigger races but since no one (except Barry) ever comes to my races, meh! The medal makes up for it though.

Three. Pounds. 

This thing is gigantic. It's three pounds of victory. Three pounds of glory.
Three pounds of I Freaking Did It. 

I can't wait to lug it around! I'm going to wear it everywhere.

Grocery shopping? BAM! Medal!
Out to watch the football game? BAM! Medal!
Go see Barry's family? BAM! BAM! DID YOU SEE MY MEDAL!?!?!

It is going to be awesome.

:)

-Ri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs