Wednesday, September 2, 2015

September Goals

Things are staring to wind down over here at the Strickland house. My mom is up and walking around, she will be done with physical therapy next Wednesday so she won't need me to drive her around (not that I minded, I loved spending so much time with her!). Barry has started his fall feature which means I have a lot more time to be productive.

Don't get me wrong. There is still tons to be done: our last couple of years of taxes, Bear Bear's birthday party, some pretty serious house repairs, and just catching up on bills and such. But Fall is just around the corner and I'm starting to get inspired again. 


Which brings me to this post. I have been nutritionally negligent over the last month or so. I've been lazy with my workouts and I completely gave up on eating healthy. Most of it stemmed from being stressed about money and the feeling of being spread too thin. But with everything starting to turn around I'm feeling really good about starting fresh. 

So here are some of my goals for September:

-Make a concentrated effort to stick to healthy meals. I need to come up with a monthly meal planner that works for me and my babies. I read about decision fatigue the other day. It's something that, as the head of the household, I struggle with a lot. I need to streamline our food and our household so I don't have to make so many decisions every day. Honestly I just need a solid routine.



-I want to, at the very least, complete two runs during the week and my long run every weekend. 

-I want to introduce strength training to my schedule again. Once a week at least but I would like to aim for twice weekly. 


-Drink my freaking water. 

-Drink my freaking green smoothies. Honestly, I can feel the sludge in my system. I'm gaining weight, I'm bloated, I'm sluggish. All of these things can be fixed if I would just drink the smoothies. 

These are my main items. I don't want to put too much on my plate because like I said, I have too much to get caught up on I don't want to get that feeling like I'm drowning again. 

I'm excited about starting fresh! The cooler weather will be here soon. Instead of waiting to start during Fall I want to be prepared when it gets here. I am so looking forward to all the adventures we are going to go on and I want to look good in the pictures (vain, I know, but we all need goals). I also want to have the energy and the stamina to run after my boys. 

What are some of your September goals!?


-Ri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs